Friday, March 26, 2010

There’s a thing about dreams

It’s unreal. It’s what you want to achieve but something others can never help you achieve.

As a kid it changed a lot. I remember me being the Coolie of Deewar, the Cop of Mohra, the shirtless dancer of PKTDK, the pilot of Independence Day and of course the guy wearing the blue jersey. Somehow the one character that jostled my mind for years, never showed his face. I wanted to be the guy who makes heroes, who makes stories immortal, who makes us wish, we live in his vision.
I wanted to be a director.

As I grew, I met more and more people who left no page unturned in discouraging me. Various philosophies which included, money problems, middle-class restrictions, responsibilities etc., were taught to me. I somehow battled their preaching and entered a film school.

But there was one facet I realised later, if your team-mate doesn’t share a similar dream, together you can never succeed. In other words your dream shall remain a dream.

When one sees a dream he’s passionate about it and can go to any extent to turn it real. But that’s him. Not necessary his counterparts will feel the same passion. Hence work gets delayed, unnecessary problems intervene, essence of the project gets corrupted and frustration & B.P. increases. At such times, you either sharpen the virtue of patience or you master the art of compromising. Under such circumstances who do you choose. Friends - who've always been with you, or dreams - the reason you live.

There’s a thing about dreams. It’s personal, it’s your vision. No one else can see it, nor understand it.

There is a thing about dreams. It’s not a team player.

5 comments:

Anusha said...

I honestly hope you were not hoping to find team members to help u achieve ur dreams! In case you were, I am glad you are back to reality.
This is not to say you stop dreaming, this is to say you stop looking for teamwork for the achievement of your dreams!

PS- Just to make u feel better, I like people with passionate dreams ;-)

Bhaskar Choudhury said...

hmm! u said a lot of things in your small note. i don't know who are you aiming, but what have you written is very true. And seriously come to think of it we need to really think of it ki frnds or dreams. tough! well said my friend.

Joybrato Dutta said...

It's an outburst of emotion and what better place to vent it than a blog. Guess we all feel the same.
Thank you for appreciating

Anonymous said...

Nice! Last line is killer!!

thinkinthrutheeye said...

nice...motivates me...