Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dear brother Cupid



I hope this letter finds you in the pink of health, afterall, pink is the colour of love. Blush! Blush!

I believe you belong to the age when the Trojan War was fought over a woman (wink wink), but I prefer calling you brother, because you are the only guy (apart from Shahid Afridi) who doesn’t seem to grow in age and skills.

What the FAQ - Do you have a lifetime contract with my dear friend Old Monk and my one time best friend the Royal Stag?

Aaaaah! Now I know, it had to be you, else how would they have so many lovers (12,146 to be precise. Source – Facebook). That’s not all, even the likes of Yash Copra & James Cameroon benefited. Thousands died when a ship sank but people only remembered the hero drowning. Such is the Cupid effect.

Anyways, the reason why I’m writing to you today is because I feel you archery skills are ruining a lot of lives. Recently I have witnessed a lot of mishaps which vary from an art director writing ghazals to a copywriter painting shoes. Your arrows didn’t even spare Bhola – my fitness trainer. Poor thing got so frustrated that he burnt his supporter yesterday. Not just them, you remember the Kareena look-alike classmate of mine. She wasn’t the girl you were supposed to aim at. But thanks to your incompetent skills I met Old Monk.

But to be very honest I have always envied you. If I had the power you possess I would have brought world peace. Literally. Come on, all you had to do was to get Sarah Palin to entice Saddam and Benazir Bhutto to seduce Rajiv Gandhi or may be Bal Thackeray (wow, she’s got options, lucky woman, sigh!!!).
That’s not all, your designation is as stubborn as in government offices (never changes). You can never get fired despite the number of hearts you break, the suicide attempts (most succeed), the overcrowded bars and the ill-fated love stories.

I would like to conclude by giving you an advice – It's recession time and every one is looking out for cheaper replacements. Pull up your socks or get a pair of specs, else the persona of Shah Rukh Khan will definitely precede you.

15 comments:

Akanksha Mehrotra said...

this one is lovelyyyyyy ..... Creative thinking ... Keep it uppp !!!!! and bless us with more innovative stuff .. Looking forward to it !!

Culprit Cupid :D

Joybrato Dutta said...

Thanks Richy ;)

ruchika said...

kaafi intellectual ho aap......
n saath mein funny bhi......
God bless u.......
hame aise hi apne ideas ke saath hansaate rehna...... :)

Bhaskar Choudhury said...

wow!never thot of it.nw tht i call creatibitee!we all knw wt a cupid does.but the wy u have portrayed the image is great. i like it. the scarstic ways.lol kudos! public khabhe boss!heaby diyecho

± said...

Dear Brother Joy

Your letter to Brother Cupid has touched me in places I never new were this touchy.
Such profound catharsis has led to just one question, that begs to be answered, which if not, will snatch away the calm and tear apart my sleep.

The question is, is Sarah Palin has so many options, why do YOU think she is lucky?

*wink*

Unknown said...

mst say ur writing skills r jst amazing..nd articulation ka toh jawaab hi nahi hai boss..keep sending me ur new updates..

mayuri said...

Cupid never received such a letter before I guess! A little less cynicism would have been favored by the souls Cupid has already aimed at! Lolz... Anyhow crisp piece of reading!

Chinmoy Bhowmik (Chini) said...

solid hain boss...

Chinmoy Bhowmik (Chini) said...

the article would prove to be really effective if cupid puts his papers soon after reading your article...hehe...cheers mate!!!

RP said...

Simply put..its brilliant!!

kareena look alike???
hmmm..I think I know who you are referring to..Am I correct?

Joybrato Dutta said...

RP - You are one of the few who exactly know who I am referring to.

Mitul said...

this is like really nice...nvr gave a cupid so much of thought u knw...must say pretty creative

thinkinthrutheeye said...

love it...

S said...

pretty creative!!!!

FAQ:
Is pink the color of love or is it really red??

thetwistedframes said...

its really nice!!..poor cupid ;).. love your style of writing :))